12-Week Open Water Swimming Advanced Training Plan (7km+)
12-Week online advanced training plan for experienced open water swimmers.
12-Week Open Water Swimming Advanced Training Plan
Do you have a goal of swimming a Robben Island crossing or a similar long-distance event? Turn your dream into reality with our 12-Week Open Water Swimming Advanced Training Plan. This online periodised plan will guide you through the training process to reach your swimming goal.
Who is this Course For?
This course is for experienced open water swimmers who wish to train for a 7km+ open water event. If you’re taking on your first long distance swim, or would like to improve your performance in the water, then this course is for you.
Advanced Training Plan Description:
- 12-Week online advanced open water swimming training plan for experienced swimmers.
- Receive weekly training plans, which include swim distance goals, pool programs and strength and mobility exercises to implement in your own time.
- Track your progress with self-directed assessments.
- Enjoy expert advice on swimming safety, technique and injury prevention.
To take part in this course, you need to be:
- Comfortable swimming 1.6km in open water and currently swimming an average of at least 5km per week (combination of pool and open water).
- Free from injuries and serious health conditions.
- Able to commit to 4 sessions per week (1-2 hours per session) for the 12-week period.
Additionally, you will need access to:
- Email, as your weekly training plan will be sent to your email address.
- A safe outdoor swimming location, such a dam, tidal pool or the ocean. Access to an indoor pool for additional fitness training is recommended.
Please note that this Training Plan excludes physical swimming sessions. If you would like to join us for open water swims, please have a look at joining our Cape Town Swim Group.
Turn Your Swimming Goal Into Reality, Get Your Advanced Training Plan Today!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.