Join our Cape Town Open Water Swim Group
If you’re looking for a Cape Town open water swim group to join, you’ve come to the right place!
Our weekly guided group sessions take place in the beautiful oceans of Cape Town. The sessions are designed to help you build and maintain your mile (1.6km) swimming fitness in a fun, structured group setting.
Who is this swim group for?
This group is for swimmers who are keen to explore the open water, maintain their fitness and meet like-minded swimmers. To join, you need to be able to swim a mile (1.6km) in open water (dam or ocean).
New to open water? No problem, find out more about our 4-Week Intro Course.
We also run a 12-Week Advanced Course for those keen to train for Robben Island and other long-distance events.
Cape Town Open Water Swim Group Schedule
We meet weekly at the following times and locations:
Summer Schedule (August-May)
- Mondays 5pm at Clifton 4th Beach
- Wednesdays 5pm at Clifton 4th Beach
- One Saturday swim per month 8/9am exploring various locations
Winter Schedule (June-July)
- Saturdays 9am at Clifton 4th Beach or Long Beach Simon’s Town.
In the case of adverse conditions, sessions are moved to a tidal pool or Sea Point Pavilion Pool.
Group sessions are available on a monthly membership.
- Enjoy up to 10 guided open water swimming sessions per month
- All sessions are lead by an exercise professional with a wealth of open water experience
- Stay updated with upcoming swimming events
- Join a community of swimmers who are sure to make your experience memorable!
Sign Me Up!
We’d love to have you on the team.
To sign up, please complete the following steps.
- Complete the online registration form.
- For new members, a once-off joining fee of R150 applies. Upon joining, you receive a branded swim cap.
- A monthly membership fee of R480/month is due on the 1st day of every calendar month (pro-rata fee available for the first month).
Still unsure if this group is for you?
Email Maryse on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or if you’d like to try a free session.
Hope to see you in the water soon!